Friday, March 27, 2009

The Kampong


Today I went visiting teaching in the Kampong with the Relief Society President and Sister Luthi.  I think I am basically numb as to allowing myself to emotionally respond to the surroundings.  I try to keep my mind on the fact that God loves these people and the Gospel will bring them hope.

This is one of the best structures I have seen.

The Relief Society President and Sister Luthi.  The sister here has been a member about a year.  We go in and sit on the floor.  They offer us refreshments.

"The Covered Bridge" -- This is what we walk through and under.

These little ducks hung on the side of one house.

No curbs and gutters yet...

"The Path"  It is difficult to begin...  Can I really do it?  This makes startlingly vivid the temple commitment.

This little boy is about 2 years old.  He has a little girl he plays with about his age.  I could hardly bear to see them run down the paths and mud puddles through the trash.

1 comment:

  1. Yup it's a contrasting sight - compare say Utah. But deep inside these people hearts - though barely knew of Jesus - they never thought of gay marriage would be possible.

    Yet, each day we see America increasingly turning away from God. Gay marriage is becoming a norm.

    What's happening to America. Will we see the next sodom and gomorrah happening there?

    ReplyDelete