Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year!


HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!
This is our front door. I couldn't wait to decorate it. The city is filled with Chinese New Year decorations. All red and exciting and fun. I think that I will always want to celebrate THIS holiday!


They have "cherry tress" like we have Pine trees. The ornaments are so pretty and exotically enchanting... Yes, you know..."all things Chinese" fascinate me.


I would like next year's Christmas Tree to look like this! A Happy and Prosperous New Year to you.

Remember: clean your house well before February 14. Throw away all things old and not of good use for your lives. You don't want them in this new year! Then: don't sweep anything on February 14 or you will sweep out your GOOD FORTUNE!

2 comments:

  1. I love those trees!! I wish I had some, they are very colorful. All we have now here in Idaho is white trees. And I told my mom about the sweeping out good luck on the 14th. I hope it gets me out of sweeping that day!
    -Kate
    P.S. Happy Valentine's day! (And Chinese New Year)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have enjoyed my chinese new year decorations. You look beautiful by the way!

    ReplyDelete