Friday, April 2, 2010

Bananas From Dina


Dina, our new convert, arrived at Sacrament Meeting just a little late. Breathlessly, she slid into the chair beside me... "I have been looking for you!" Then, smiling broadly, she handed me a sackful of baby bananas, and some hand ground chili powder! She is about 22 Kilometers from the Church, so she catches a ride on the back of a small motor bike. She had seen the bananas at a stand on the way and thought that I would like them. We love these bananas... Did you know that bananas have many many different flavors?

And Chili Powder? A Sarawak Staple. She had taken the full red, chili pods, seeded them, and ground the powder for me. I said ,"Oh, I will take it home to the U.S. with me." "NO" ! was the firm reply. I make more for you. You eat dis now." Who am I to argue over hot chili powder? And, I assure you, it's "pistol hot"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment