Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Baby Norita

We visited this little baby today.  She is only 1 week old.  I made a little blanket for her.  The pillow she is on is very soiled...  Oh, these sweet babies!  In one corner, there was a litter of new kittens.


Her mother, Jessica, and two sisters.  Jessica is a convert of a few months.  Her husband is not a member and is not so good.  There are the situations that are so difficult to see.  The house was up on stilts with a steep stairway, no, just rather rude planks down to a cement floor.  I could hardly bear to think of the danger to these little ones.  No railing.  The door just opened and the stair began, and then the cement below...  As we left, I looked back and the little two year old was making her way alone down the steps!


This evening, we had dinner with the Gaadong family.  Always, we sit and eat on the floor.  I think it would not be so bad an idea, if I just had started earlier to teach my legs to bend under me and sit that way!  I always have these legs sticking out in front of me, wondering what to do with them!


They always serve the brightest, fluorescent, and highly sweet drink!  Note the color!  The chop chicken was in a curry sauce.  I really like the curry, but the chop chicken and I are at war with one another!

They serve many steamed "greens."  As much as I love veggies, I have not figured out how to chew the greens.  It's a bit like chewing steamed alfalfa!

The soup I didn't try a I had just recovered from a vicious bout with tummy disorder.  It was fish soup.

Another day in Malaysia!

No comments:

Post a Comment