Monday, April 27, 2009

Makanan (Food)

Bananas!  Bananas!  Where are the bananas?  It has been just as the song says:  "Oh, Yes!  We have no bananas, we have no bananas today!"

But TODAY, I went to the large open market in Old Bintulu.  I have avoided it like the plague, as it is next to the open Fish and Meat Market, and I had taken a firm and unshaken oath never to return there.  


I asked for bananas... no English spoken, but kept being motioned to walk further and promised many many bananas.  SO, ok, ok, ok.  I kept walking...

No, not that.  What in the world is THAT?


But, this amazing scene soon appeared.  What fruit or vegetable could not one find here?


Ah yes!  Bananas!  MANY bananas!


What do you want?  Red?  Green?  Yellow?  Tiny?  Small?  Very long?  We have some bananas today!


We also have:  Don't know, but pretty.  And very small corn...


Love the color and the shape.  Where is the artist?


And in addition, we have mushrooms!  Very very fresh.  This market was a wonder.  Dad was waiting or I would have lingered.  Must go back to look.  Do you think I might ask for raspberries?  My greatest longing is for raspberries.  I think they would motion a very, very, very long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment